For those that have been doing Medical Coding for some time but are not certified by any organization, the chance to further your healthcare career by being certified is now yours for the taking.
Our Online Medical Coding Certification Training Course is a comprehensive medical insurance, billing and coding preparatory course for those who wish to be a certified coder through the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) or those who desire to take the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). This has been developed by two AHIMA and AAPC Certified Coders with a combined experience of 50 years in the healthcare industry.
The student will learn principles of medical coding related to the three main code books: CPT®, ICD-10- CM Code Set and HCPCS Level II. This course is recommended for anyone who is preparing for a career in medical coding for a physician’s office and strongly recommended for anyone who is preparing for AAPC’s CPC certification examination.
Who should take this online course?
- Professionals that have been doing or have been involved in Medical Coding and Billing for some time
- Professionals that have a degree in healthcare, medicine, biology or any healthcare-allied course that may wish to try a new career
- The entire course gives you a 4-month access from the time you receive your login details.
- The course is totally self-paced and asynchronous. Your success in completing this course is entirely up to YOU and that time that you are willing to put in the course.
- The course has assessments after every lesson that will test your learning.
- At the end of the course, a mock Coder Certification exam will be taken and will have to be passed to successfully complete the course.
- A computer with a stable internet connection is required to complete the course.
Course Length: To be completed at student’s own pace within a 4-month period or less. Enrollment date begins at date of purchase. Monthly course extensions may be purchased.
Class Hours: Days/Times Per Week: Online course, independent self-study, no classroom meetings; student may login to course at their own time schedule, no specific login times. Students may email course content questions to coaching staff.
Certificate of Completion Issued: Yes
- Identify the purpose of the CPT®, ICD-10-CM Code Set, and HCPCS Level II code books
- Understand and apply the official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- Apply coding conventions when assigning diagnoses and procedure codes
- Identify the information in appendices of the CPT® manual
- Explain the determination of the levels of E/M services
- Code a wide variety of patient services using CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II codes
- List the major features of HCPCS Level II Codes
- Provide practical application of coding operative reports and evaluation and management services
Anatomy online course and Medical Terminology online course or prior knowledge in both of these areas strongly recommended. Medical dictionary (recommended).
Required Code Books:
- AMA’s CPT Professional, course year
- ICD-10-CM, course year
- HCPCS Level II, course year
To know more about this and any of our other products, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (032) 260-2797 for more information.